Today, we're taking a major step, with a massive update to our applications. We're starting the rollout by pushing the updated Rider App and Web App to all of our users and the world at 11:59 pm on October 11th, 2019. Major updates to the Driver App will follow in the following week.
Here's what's new:
- You can now simply share the link to the Rider App or Driver App from the Referral Program Screen in the app.
- When someone clicks your referral link, they are taken directly to the iOS or Android App store depending on the device they are using.
- Your referral code is automatically embedded into the app signup process.
- If you've heard about Tryp Rides from a friend, you can simply click their link to create a Rider or Driver account.
- If you'd like to create an account with Tryp Rides, you can now do so even without a referral link.
- New rider's are now required to provide a profile picture during signup. This helps improve Rider Verification.
Payment and Rides
- You can now simply scan your credit card during signup, or by going to the payment screen. The credit card information is securely stored on our PCI compliant Payment Provider's servers.
- You now have the option to update your referral code. In order to update your referral code take the following steps:
- Open the Rider App
- Once your are logged in, click the Menu Option, then click Referral Program.
- Now click View Earnings and complete the Referral Onboarding and Compliance Information.
- During this process you will have the opportunity to update your Referral Code.
- If you choose to update your referral code, you must log out of the app and re-login in order for the change to take effect. Please make sure you take these steps before sharing your referral code, otherwise your referral link will not work.
- If your referral code has the word Tryp in it, please ensure that you change it. Referral codes with Tryp in them will no longer work.
- We recently identified a bug where the app crashes if there is not payment method added and a ride is requested. We are working on a fix for this.
- We have also identified that the contact support button is not working properly. We are working to fix this. In the mean-time, to contact support email us at [email protected].
Being a Mobile App company, we are now encouraging users to user our Mobile Apps to interact with our platform. That said, we have also updated our Web App.
- We've improved the infrastructure that supports our web and mobile apps. You'll notice a major improvement in speed and reliability.
- We now have a brand new Referral Dashboard.
As always, we'll keep you posted on more updates, coming soon shortly.